Google

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Islamic Inter-bank Money Market



The Islamic inter-bank money market (IIMM) was introduced on January 3, 1994 as a short-term intermediary to provide a ready source of short-term investment outlets based on Syariah principles. Through the IIMM, the Islamic banks and banks participating in the SPI would be able to match their funding requirements effectively and efficiently. BNM issued the Guidelines on the IIMM on December 18, 1993 to facilitate proper implementation of the IIMM.
The IIMM covers the following aspects:-
Interbank trading of Islamic financial instruments; and
Mudharabah Interbank Investments ("MII")

Only Islamic banks, commercial banks, merchant banks and eligible finance companies and discount houses are allowed to participate in the IIMM.

Interbank trading
Eligible banking institutions are allowed to trade in the designated Islamic financial instruments, such as Islamic accepted bills and Islamic debt securities among themselves. GIC are non-tradable but the players may exchange the papers among themselves based on the price issued by BNM.

Mudharabah interbank investments (MII)
MII refers to a mechanism whereby a deficit Islamic banking institution (‘investee bank”) can obtain investment from a surplus Islamic banking institution (“investor bank”) based on Mudharabah (profit-sharing). The period of investment is from overnight to 12 months, while the rate of return is based on the rate of gross profit before distribution for investments of 1-year of the investee bank. The profit-sharing ratio is negotiable among both parties. The investor bank at the time of negotiation would not know what the return would be, as the actual return will be crystallised towards the end of the investment period. The principal invested shall be repaid at the end of the period, together with a share of the profit arising from the used of the fund by the investee bank. Beginning February 2, 1996, BNM introduced the minimum benchmark rate for the MII i.e. the prevailing rate of the Government Investment Issues plus a spread of 0.5 per cent. The purpose of the benchmark rate is to ensure that only banks with reasonable rate returns participate in the MII.

Irwansyah Yahya Student of Economics Agra University, Agra - India

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am interested in your article. I am planning to do a White Paper on the entire Islamic Banking.

Can u mail me your email id where I can use your help on this paper. MIne is iyer_arunkumar@rediffmail.com

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It agree, the remarkable message

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just recently bought Mt4 Protect and wanted to tell you guys about my experience with it.
I was worried about all the MT4 virus's out there at the moment as I heard you can get them from downloading EA's from the web.
While I don't download decompiled experts the last thing I want is some hacker getting my account details and draining my forex account as I have built it up into quite a bit of $$$. That's why I purchased MT4 protect so it can stop my account from getting attacked. I think the price is well worth the protection I will receive
I bought a copy at [url=http://www.mt4protect.com/] http://www.mt4protect.com/ [/url] via paypal and my product code was sent to me within 4 hours.
I installed it and its great It works in the system tray and scans my computer in real time to detect any attacks.
The EA optimization tool is so great - you can allocate more memory to your MT4 terminal so your trades get executed faster! There are also heaps of registry tweaks and cleanup features that have tuned up my Windows XP PC.
With hackers and virus attacks hitting Forex traders all the time now I definitely think that MT4 Protect is a worthwhile investment.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I contemplate the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home